The processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO and in the interest of optimising or enabling user guidance and adapting the presentation of our website.
COOKIES, PIXELS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In order to display and organise the content and services of this website, cookies, tracking pixels (or "pixels"), devices or other IDs, and local storage devices (collectively referred to as "technologies") are used.
These may be installed on your terminal device depending on the choices and options you make, or may be expressed at any time in accordance with this Policy.
Bureau Veritas has defined this policy for your information and transparency so that you can learn more about the following:
- The origin and purpose of the information processed when you use the website
- Your rights in relation to cookies and other tracers used by Bureau Veritas
We recommend that you visit this page regularly to keep up to date with the latest information about these technologies and how they are used. To learn how you can control these tracking technologies, please see the Privacy Options section below.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files placed on your browser or device by a website or application you visit. Pixels (also called clear GIFs, web beacons or pixel tags) are small blocks of code on a website or application. These allow the website to place and read cookies and send information to Bureau Veritas or our partners. This allows information such as the IP address of the device, the storage date of the pixel, the ID number of the browser or device and the browser type to be associated. Local storage is a standard technology that allows a website or application to store and unpack data on a computer, mobile phone or other device. Examples are local storage, HTML5 caching or device storage.
A distinction is made between session cookies, which are deleted again as soon as you close your browser (see section "Functional cookies") and permanent cookies, which are stored beyond the individual session (see section "Statistics and measurements").
WHY DO WE USE THESE TECHNOLOGIES?
We use these technologies for a number of reasons, in particular to ensure that we can provide you with appropriate content and improve our products and services.
We do not use these necessary cookies for analysis, tracking or advertising purposes.
We use these cookies on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
WEBSITE FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES
These tools offer features that help us provide personalised services.
- Customise the website to the user's display preferences (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configure and design the display of web pages according to the device you are using and its location, etc.)
- Storing certain information that users enter on the website to facilitate and personalise a return visit
This allows us to optimise the user experience and make navigation easier, in particular by determining "technical routes" of navigation.
STATISTICS AND MEASUREMENTS
We use these permanent cookies for tracking or analysis purposes. Tools such as Google Analytics are used for this purpose.
Tools such as cookies and similar technologies (e.g. information on the device or a pixel on a web page) are used to collect statistics about users and their interaction on our website.
These statistics allow us to test various displays, optimise our website and improve our services according to customer needs.
HOW TO DELETE "COOKIES" FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Go to "Computer".
- On the "C:\" drive, select the "Windows" folder.
- Open the "Temp" folder.
- Select all files (CTRL + A).
- Then click the right mouse button and select "Delete".
ON A MAC:
- First open Safari.
- Select "Preferences" in the menu bar.
- Navigate to the "Privacy" tab.
- Next to "Cookies and other website data", select "Remove all website data".
HOW TO DELETE "COOKIES" FROM YOUR MOBILE APPLE DEVICES (IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE)
- Open your "Preferences".
- Select "Safari".
- In iOS8 and newer, tap "Clear history and website data".
- In iOS7 and older, tap "Clear History" and then "Clear Cookies and Data".
How do you configure your browser to not store cookies on your computer or notify you when cookies are installed?
INTERNET EXPLORER 5 (MICROSOFT):
- Go to "Tools."
- Open the "Internet Options".
- Select "Security".
- Click on "Custom".
- In the drop-down menu, go to "Cookies".
- Go to the section " Allow cookies stored on your computer".
INTERNET EXPLORER 6,7, OR 8 (MICROSOFT):
- Go to "Tools."
- Open "Internet Options".
- Click on "Privacy" and select the level of privacy you want.
- Go to "Settings."
- Select "Options".
- Select "Privacy".
- Deactivate "Cookies" or select the desired setting.
- Select the Chrome menu icon.
- Select "Settings".
- Click on "Show advanced settings".
- In the "Privacy" section, select "Content settings".
- Select "Block data storage for all websites" to block all cookies.
- Click on "Done."
Select "Edit page settings".
Select the "Cookie" tab.
If the general cookie settings are already open:
Click on "manage cookies".
Click on "edit".
Then open the "Cookies" tab to specify preferences for this site.
- Open the preferences in Safari.
- Select the "Privacy" tab.
- Under the "Block cookies" section, select one of the following options: "Always allow", "Only allow from visited websites", "Only allow from current website" or "Always block".