Clarity by Bureau Veritas: Bringing Transparency and Credibility to ESG commitments
Large corporations and SMEs deal with increasing public scrutiny regarding their sustainability policies. Beyond financial performance and ability to innovate, companies are now measured on their positive impact on people and planet.
Leveraging its global footprint, in more than 140 countries, and unique capability to gather information through on-the-ground assessments, Bureau Veritas created Clarity to help decision makers manage the implementation of organizations’ sustainability roadmaps.
CLARITY: MANAGEMENT OF ESG STRATEGIES AND CONTINUOUS REVIEW OF SUSTAINABILITY PROGRESS
With Clarity, Bureau Veritas supports you in a wide range of topics - from social, health & safety, environment, biodiversity, climate change, business ethics and responsible procurement to animal welfare, energy efficiency and waste management.
With this new solution, which is part of the BV Green Line, BV assesses your ESG (=Environment, Social, Governance) level and presents the observations made during the audits in form of summarized and comprehensible assessments on a digital dashboard. This is based on a 4-step concept:
On-site audits or self-assessment questionnaires
Clarity is supported by a user-friendly digital process that offers great flexibility. Assessments can be conducted either by auditors deployed directly on site, or sent to the companies being assessed using online questionnaires. In both cases, the information provided is independently verified by Bureau Veritas. This cost-effective combination makes it easy to conduct checks on a global scale, despite complex value chains. Using the Clarity ESG checklists, you can easily assess your facilities, sites and/or suppliers.
- A Systematic Evaluation
The observations made in the first step are systematically summarized into scores that reflect the maturity level of a company with regard to a specific sustainability aspect.
- A digital dashboard ("MyRadar")
MyRadar centralizes all your assessment results and audit reports, allowing you to visualize your results and sort the deficiencies in your value chain by topic, region, and severity with one click. Visualizing the results on a detailed basis is key to understanding your ESG level.
- Managing your ESG strategy
By visualizing your results and scores on the "MyRadar" dashboard, you can focus on correcting your critical deviations to improve your performance year after year and set new targets.
A FLEXIBLE APPROACH THAT FOCUSES ON DIFFERENT SUSTAINABILITY AREAS
Clarity is based on a modular approach that allows you to focus on different sustainability areas. Bureau Veritas ESG checklists consist of two modular types:
- Our cross-industry modules summarize assessment checklists that are relevant for all industries. Using the checklists, you can take an initial inventory of your value chain's performance in 6 standard areas: Social, Health and Safety, Environment and Biodiversity, Climate Change, Business Ethics and responsible resources (e.g., monitoring your supply chain's implemented policies and targets related to your carbon emissions).
- Our specialized modules consist of enhanced industry-specific checklists that allow you to include ESG issues that are particularly important to your industry (e.g., traceability or animal welfare for agri-food, Net Zero Scope 1, 2 and 3 for oil and gas, etc.).
Clarity solutions enable you to manage your sustainability strategy internally. In doing so, they offer unique customization options. You can either use our standard modules, created by our experts, or replace the existing modules with your own questions to adapt them to your strategy.
If your activities require specific checklists, our team can create a custom Clarity module to meet your needs. Your sustainability strategy is unique. With Clarity, you can make it feasible and traceable.
A DIGITALLY CONTROLLED PROCESS
Clarity is based on 3 Bureau Veritas digital solutions:
- Using the Onboarding Platform, the key stakeholders in your value chain can start the assessment process by creating a profile in our database.
- The Maia+ portal stores the questionnaires and the evidence of the answers given in a collection of documents (images, videos, guidelines, reports, etc.). This facilitates the exchange of information between Bureau Veritas and the companies being assessed.
- MyRadar is a digital dashboard that displays the sustainability scores and the list of deviations of your facilities, internal sites, suppliers, etc. With its easy-to-use interface, MyRadar helps you visualize your ESG performance so you can create a corrective action plan in a timely manner.