Occupational Safety Specialist | Bureau Veritas
Company consultant for occupational safety and health protection management
In Switzerland employers and entrepreneurs are legally obliged to take care of the occupational health and safety of their employees. An essential component of occupational health and safety is the appointment of an occupational health and safety specialist.
According to the Ordinance on the Prevention of Accidents and Occupational Diseases SR 832.30 Art. 11a, the employer is obliged to appoint a specialist for occupational safety where the protection of the health and safety of workers so requires (see EKAS/CFST/CFSL Directive 6508). With Bureau Veritas occupational safety specialists, you meet your legal obligations and also benefit from:
- Uncomplicated and supra-regional appointment of an occupational safety specialist
- Reduction of your liability risk through compliance with law regulations
- Reduce accidental or work-related illnesses and downtime for your employees
ON THE SAFE SIDE WITH AN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALIST
Our specialists for occupational safety support you in all necessary measures to avoid occupational accidents and illnesses at the workplace. Our experienced specialists do not only fulfil the tasks defined in the standard care, but also offer you a holistic service and actively help you to improve occupational health and safety in your company - this provides more than just legal security.
Comprehensive occupational health and safety support from our Specialist:
- Fulfilment of all necessary support tasks defined in the EKAS/CFST/CFSL Directive 6508 appendix 2.
- Performing risk assessment/assessment of working conditions
- Advice on setting up the internal occupational health and safety organization
- Workplace inspections and advice on workplace design
- Instructions for employees and employee training courses with regard to occupational health and safety
- Preparation of operating instructions
- Support in the selection of an occupational physician/ company physician
- Carrying out accident investigations, documentation, analyses and evaluations
- Participation in meetings of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Site inspections to improve occupational health and safety and to develop preventive measures
HIRING AN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALIST – YOUR ADVANTAGES AT ONE GLANCE
By appointing an occupational safety specialist, employers meet their legal obligations and ensure more occupational safety and legal security in their company. Since the specialists’ advice has a considerable influence on the quality level of occupational health and safety, the selection of a professional specialist is of central importance. In this way, you avoid long-term violations of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and offer your employees a secure workplace.
FEWER ACCIDENTS AT WORK
More health and safety at work helps to reduce accidents at work and to reduce absenteeism of your employees due to accidents.
LOWER LIABILITY RISK
By appointing a Bureau Veritas occupational safety specialist, you will meet the legal requirements and provide more legal certainty to avoid consequential costs.
Thanks to our large network of HSE specialists, we can quickly and easily provide you with the right Specialist for your company.
Experienced specialists with industry-specific knowledge ensure better quality through fast and effective implementation of measures relevant to occupational health and safety.
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALISTS FOR EVERY INDUSTRY
Preventive measures for compliance with occupational health and safety must be taken in every industry. However, depending on the activity of the company, company-specific peculiarities have an effect on the necessary occupational health and safety measures.
Our specialists for occupational safety offer the necessary expert knowledge for each industry and support you in the implementation of occupational safety in your company - among other things, we provide specialists for the following areas:
- Automotive industry
- Retail trade & service economy
- Power supply
- Chemistry & Process Industry
- Food industry
- Pharmaceutical industry & medicine
- Insurance & Finance
- Other Industries
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALISTS
WHY MUST A SAFETY SPECIALIST BE APPOINTED?
The EKAS/CFST/CFSL directive 6508 stipulates that Companies with special hazards according to Annex 1 of the directive is obliged to appoint an occupational safety specialist in writing. The occupational health and safety specialist supports the employer in implementing the statutory occupational health and safety regulations in the company.
HOW CAN AN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALIST BE APPOINTED?
An occupational safety specialist can be appointed both internally and externally. In the case of an internal assignment, a separate employee is trained or hired who is responsible for the implementation of occupational health and safety measures. In the case of external commissioning, an inter-company HSE service provider is engaged.