Testing and certification of battery storage systems and their components | Bureau Veritas
Reliability for your battery storage
Batteries and rechargeable batteries have become an essential part of today's society. Their use ranges from mobile devices and medical products to electric bicycles and e-cars. However, an increase in the number of possible applications is also accompanied by increasing demands on the performance as well as the quality and safety of batteries, which manufacturers and developers must take into account when manufacturing their batteries. However, the regulatory complexity is enormous, and the various testing and labeling requirements differ by country and region.
For example, connection and operation on the grid requires consideration of different guidelines in the area of product safety, power connection and storage safety. These include, for example, VDE AR-E 2510-2 and VDE AR-E 2510-50, which in turn refer to diverse guidelines depending on the subcomponent. The type of power supply connection is required in the respective countries depending on the connection area, for example according to VDE AR-N 4105 (LV) or according to VDE AR-N 4110 (MV). The electrical safety of the connected converters in accordance with IEC 62477-1 or IEC 62109-1/-2 must also be ensured, as well as everything to do with battery safety to enable standard-compliant operation.
Bureau Veritas supports battery manufacturers with a comprehensive portfolio to meet the different requirements regarding operability as well as safety along the entire life cycle of their batteries and battery storage systems.
DISCOVER OUR PORTFOLIO OF SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT, TESTING AND INSPECTION OF BATTERIES, STORAGE SYSTEMS AND INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS
With a comprehensive service portfolio of consulting services as well as testing and inspection, we support battery manufacturers throughout the entire manufacturing process - from material procurement and process workflows to battery assembly.
- CE marking of machines for battery production and for test stands for safe operation according to the requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Risk assessment according to DIN EN ISO 12100
- Design of battery test stands for checking the function and safety of batteries (e.g.: EOL test stands)
- Electrical risk assessment for lithium-ion batteries as battery storage devices
- Analysis of applicable directives and standards for battery manufacturing machines, battery storage devices and test stands
Testing and inspection
- Material inspection
- Raw material inspection
- Testing of compliance with different standards, e.g.
- Battery directive (further information here: safety guide (german))
- General product safety (IEC62619, IEC60730, UN38.3, IEC62109, IEC62477 ...)
- RoHS Directive: Use and Placing on the Market of Dangerous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) (BV Germany): IEC 61000, Radio Equipment Directive, ...
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
- CLP Regulation
- REACH Regulation: Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- Evaluation of suppliers
In addition, we will be happy to put together a customized offer tailored to your individual needs.
INSPECTION OF BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEMS (AND COMPONENTS) WITH BUREAU VERITAS - YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
Bureau Veritas supports battery storage system manufacturers (BESS) with comprehensive regulatory compliance services. This ensures that your battery storage systems function properly at all times and meet legal requirements and inspection obligations.
WITH OUR TESTING AND INSPECTION SOLUTIONS, WE OFFER OUR CUSTOMERS THE FOLLOWING ADDED VALUE:
Cost and time saving
Save unnecessary travel time and costs - our inspectors are on site worldwide, exactly where they are needed and accompany your project from the planning phase to the finished product and over the product life cycle
Quality & Safety
Through our comprehensive range of services, we can help you ensure quality and safety along the entire value chain
Bureau Veritas defines your individual requirements on the items to be audited, legal requirements and specificities of your project
Increase customer trust
Powerful and safe batteries through the verification of different standards