SCC & SCP-Certification| Bureau Veritas
A proof of safety, health and environmental protection
Safety, health and environmental protection (SHE) is fundamentally important for all companies - but meeting the highest safety standards is particularly important in safety-critical industries such as the chemical, petrochemical or power generation sectors. Therefore, companies, contractors or personnel service providers offering their services in these industries must prove that they operate in accordance with the required safety standards.
CURRENT NOTE: REMOTE AUDITS DURING THE CORONA PANDEMIC
The corona crisis is currently causing great uncertainty among many companies. Especially now, it is essential to maintain business activities in the best possible way while prioritizing the safety and health of staff and customers. This makes it all the more essential to consistently adhere to rules, regulations and standards - these are often required not only by law from the government, but also from business partners by contract. Bureau Veritas audit solutions help you maintain your certification on time. You can find all relevant information here: Remote Audits
CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO SCC/SCP
- is a necessary requirement for many clients
- offers competitive advantages and better chances for new orders
- ensures legal certainty with regard to health, safety and environmental protection
- leads to increased safety awareness and thus to fewer accidents
SCC and SCP are occupational safety and environmental management systems based on German law. They were developed in the petrochemical industry for companies that want to offer their work services as contractors or personnel service providers.
SCC/SCP-SCOPES AND THE CERTIFICATION SYSTEM
In pinciple, only entire companies are eligible for certification. In special cases, individual company divisions or locations can be certified if they are clearly identifiable and can be viewed separately from the rest of the company.
Different scopes can be certified for SCC and SCP depending on the size of the company:
- SCC* - companies with less than 35 employees that do not use subcontractors
- SCC** - companies with more than 35 employees using subcontractors
- SCCPs - companies that have to meet specific requirements in the petrochemical industry
- SCP - companies that act as personnel service providers
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE SCC/SCP CERTIFICATION
By certifying your management system according to SCC/SCP you show potential clients and customers that your employees have the necessary knowledge in the area of safety, health and environmental protection (SGU).
When introducing a management system for occupational safety, there are a number of things to consider. Bureau Veritas provides you with the necessary information.
CLEAR GUIDELINES, NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS
- Examination requirements for SCC/SCP certification are clearly defined because the certification system is a checklist
- objectives, requirements and evidence to be provided are clearly described
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCC/SCP CERTIFICATION
- The management system shall be effectively implemented at least three months before certification
- Certification can only take place if the requirements have been implemented in the company for three months
- All questions of the checklist can be verified by the company in advance of the certification
- SCC/SCP systems also exist in Germany, Austria, Belgium and as VCA certification in the Netherlands
- These systems are based on the respective national law and are accredited in the respective countries
- Certificates from the Netherlands can be recognised in Germany on the basis of the mutual cooperation agreement between the German Accreditation Body (DAkkS) and the Dutch Accreditation Body (SSVV)
YOUR ADVANTAGES THROUGH A SCC/SCP CERTIFICATION
To obtain the certification, you need an accredited certifier such as Bureau Veritas Certification. By obtaining SCC/ SCP certification, you demonstrate that your company and employees are appropriately qualified in the area of safety, health and environmental protection.
This results in numerous advantages for you:
COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE AND BETTER OPPORTUNITIES
SCC/SCP is a necessary requirement for many clients
By providing evidence of systematic health, safety and environmental protection
INCREASE IN SAFETY
Increased safety awareness and reduction of accidents
Safety relevant training of your employees
WHO NEEDS A SCC/SCP CERTIFICATION?
The SCC/ SCP certification is relevant for service providers such as
- Construction companies,
- Transport and logistics service providers,
- Maintenance companies & installation companies,
- Cleaning service providers & waste disposal companies,
who wish to offer their work services in - among others - the following safety-critical areas/industries:
- Chemical & petrochemical companies
- Power generation & power plants
- Mineral oil industry & refineries
Find out whether an SCC/ SCP certification is also relevant for your company and send us your inquiry.